Today we are joined by my good friend Dinah from DIY Inspired, if you you have not stop by her blog you should she is full of inspiration. Come and join us to get to know her.
1. What's the reason you began blogging?
I think similar to other fellow Mommy Bloggers, My husband and I decided that it'd be best if I stay home when got pregnant with my daughter. I have always been a "career girl" so blogging was a way for me to gain back some sense of control in my life after feeling like I lost some.
2. What's your favorite DIY project you have done?
Oh my gosh, I feel like I have become more creative since when I first started blogging. I'm pretty happy with my garage sale bench makeover and my book page butterfly wreath, but I really love one of my most recent ones, my map covered craft drawers. This project was so simple and anyone can do it. I just loved the way they turned out. The maps are somewhat masculine but the blue crystal knobs are very feminine.
3. What hidden talent do you have, in which you have not shared with your fellow readers? Hmmmm... I had a hard time answering this one so I asked my Mom and my Dad. My Mom said, I can play the piano. My Dad said I could act. This reminded me of when I was in junior high and got hired to do a local WIC commercial. They stuffed my shirt and I played the roll of a pregnant teenager. My one line was, "I'm a pregnant teen and I love the peanut butter." It was embarrassing for me but my friends thought it was so cool that I was in a commercial.
4. What are your blogging goals have you set for 2013?
I would like to build and maintain long term business partnerships with companies and agencies and also build more friendships with fellow bloggers.
5. It seems like it that time of the year where a lot of blogging conference are happening. Have you attended any and if so which one would you recommend?
I sadly have only been to one last year, the Socal Social and I would HIGHLY recommend it and look forward to this years event. Maybe I should add, "Go to more Blog Conferences" to question number 4!
6. What was the best blogging tip you ever received and would pass on?
Be consistent and professional. Post five days a week to build quality unique content and the fans/visitors/sponsors will come!
7. Do you find it easy in reaching out to other bloggers?
I didn't at first! I felt somewhat alone for a long time...honestly until recently! I did attempt to reach out to some bigger Bloggers I followed and not one of them returned my email. So sad! So now, I made a promise to myself to always return emails no matter how big I got even if it took me a week or two to respond. Now I try to get involved in more Blogger groups and communities of Facebookand Google+.
8. How do you believe you are able to determine yourself between a small blog,a medium blog, large blog and a super star?
In my head I'm a super star...LOL... but I'm probably a medium blog. I am just basing myself against other relationships with fellow Bloggers I've recently met.
9. Where do you see yourself and your blog in five years?
Super star status of course! I'd love for this to be a more than full time income for me and my family. I'd love to be known not just as a Blogger, but as a writer and publisher, maybe even a speaker.
10. Anything else you would like add?
If anyone reading this interview needs help, advice about blogging, or just wants to say hello, please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I promise I'll return it!! Thank you, Loren for allowing me to be a part of your 14 days of blogger interviews! You are my very first TRUE blogger friend, a great creative inspiration to me, and I know we will be friends until the day we die!