On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me... TWO ORNAMENT FLOWERS!! And one Pine Cone Christmas Tree. (hey I'm making my own song! Haha)
Let's get started, the material you will need are:
1.Scrapbook paper (any design you like, I am using Christmas theme)
2.Cutter ( or scissors and a ruler)
3. Bone folder (you can use a ruler if you like)
4. Plastic beads
5. Tim Holtz distress ink festive berries
6. Ink blender
First, You want to gather all your materials or as the French call it "mise en place". I never do and I spend half the time getting up from my seat to get something I forgot. Or sometimes I ask the hubby to get it for me which he does not enjoy being my goofer. Anyway, I am using a 12x12 inch page. You will need to cut into 4 pieces at 6x6 inches. You will need two pages for one flower. Each flower has five pedals.
1. First you will need to take one corner and fold it to the opposite corner. Use the bone folder toc over the fold to make it more flat.
2. Take the left corner and fold it toward the middle corner of the page. Do the same with the right side corner.
3. Once you have done that you will want to take the left corner and open it up to make a triangle and make it flat. You will do the same thing to the left corner. You might have notice my PS3 video game in the background, I decide to do my craft on the coach and I needed something studier than my pillow and the only thing I had on hand was the game. My sister got it for me as an early Christmas present. She's very sweet.
4. Once you are done trying to figure out what game I am folding my paper on. You will need to take right corner that you just made and fold it up. Repeat step for the left side.
5. You are almost done! Now you will need to refold the creased edges together. You will need to glue the outer edge together.
Then your first pedal is done. You will need to repeat these steps four more times. The good thing is you can do this in front of the TV. Just don't make a huge mess like I did.
Now you can glue plastic bead to the center of your flower.
When everything has dried together you can use the distress ink to add some color to the edges of your flower. Distressing the flower is my favorite part of my making my flower. It make the flower that more unique.
Here you can see part of the flower colored . There is a big difference between the pedals. The color just makes it pop more.
My fully colored flower. I got a little too excited and the bead fell off. But thats the reason we have glue!
I almost forgot you will need to cut about four to 6 inches of ribbon to glue on your flower. You can just glue it to one of the pedals on each side.
The final product is beautiful. They look wonderful on my tree. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and that it was easy to follow. If its not just let me know and I will try my best to fix it.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1we